Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Squid Angel Blessing: Wind Chimes


I recently went to an art fair where there was an artist who made wind chimes out of old silverware.  It was beautiful to look at and beautiful to hear.  Since then I have wondered just how hard it would be to make my own.  This morning I happened upon this lens about just that topic.  Wind Chimes  It is simple and to the point.  It looks like a good place to start.


Woodstock Percussion is the maker of the wind chimes I have always wanted to buy. They have such great sound and variety.  I would love to hear these chimes tuned to Amazing Grace.  This is going on my wish list.

Wind Chimes

Deep, doleful tones
Randomly punctuate the evening

Bright crystal tinkles
Fill the morning air

Zen bamboo percussion
Accompanies the storm


All Rights Reserved, Copyright Gretchen Little
Do not print or republish

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think wind chimes are getting artsier and artsier... Slowly toeing the line between mere decoration and sculptures. These wind spinners for instance has me so hypnotized, I can't stop staring at it.