What is altered art, you ask? It's when you take something intended for one purpose and then alter it by turning into an art piece. This process almost always involves some sort of collage.
Part of my inability to get going with this project is that I don't really know what to make. I think the idea I like the most is to make tiny little pocket shrines. There are many ideas at this lens I blessed today: Altoids Tins.
Meanwhile, I had no idea that there were so many varieties of Altoids these days. Here in my area I usually only see the original flavor and the gum, although I got some sours once. I'd heard about the chocolate dipped mints but haven't actually seen them in the wild. I would like to try the spearmint flavor as the peppermint is really too strong for me, as well as the liquorice, ginger and creme de menthe.
Here are some of the other flavors:
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Liquorice
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Cinnamon
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Wintergreen
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Ginger
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Spearmint
- Altoids Dark Chocolate Dipped Mints, Peppermint
- Altoids Curiously Strong Mints, Creme De Menthe
- Altoids Cool Honey
- Altoids Curiously Strong Raspberry Sour Candy
- Altoids Curiously Strong Sours, Tangerine Fruit Candy